Friday, February 12, 2010

Winter Wonderland

It snowed in Texas.

Alot.

A record falling up to 14 inches in some places. ( I promise the pictures are coming, just have to figure out my computer first.)  The most snow Texas has seen in 32 years!
I love the snow. It's so peaceful and bright. It has an awe inspiring beauty to it that's hard for me to express with words.  I can't help but smiling at it.  It blankets everything-grass, roads, cars, trees, rooftops, fences...The world truly seems at peace when it snows.  And I seem more at peace, too!

We've had fun in the snow so far! I love taking our dogs out in the snow.  Our big dog, Monty, loves it.  Our little mini Chihuahua, Odo, does not like it.  But at two lbs. who can blame him?  I love to feel the snow crunching under my feet.  I love anticipating my steps and seeing how far I sink in the snow.  I just love the way the world looks.  It takes my breath away.

I HATE ruining the snow by stepping in it.  I just want to preserve it.  I want to look at the perfection of it.  I want it untainted.  But it never stays that way, does it?

Yesterday, Goober Pie and I got all bundled up (we're talking lots of layers, here folks!) and walked over to my parents to visit my Ma in the snow.  It was peaceful, blissful.  A fun adventure.  Goober Pie likes the snow.  He hates the getting bundled up part, but loved it outside!  That was a trip down memory lane for me.  Ma used to take my sister and I out walking in the snow.  We'd usually take Hunter, our old dog with, too.

Later in the day when my hubby was home we went out in it again to get some pictures.  Got some of each of us with the babe, and ones of him standing in the snow.  (I promise I'll add pictures!!)  Alot of our neighbors were out building snowmen, so we got pictures with one of them that was really pretty!  Another set of neighbors was making a giant snowman.  Like 7-8 feet tall!

This has been such a fun first winter for Goober Pie, and more snow than I've ever seen in my life!  I'm thankful for the fun white wet stuff that has taken over, and for the tie we've had to spend together as a family!

All I can say is: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!      

No comments: